The sleepless nights are probably getting to you by now – what you wouldn’t give to have your partner stop snoring so that you can actually get some shut eye! Snoring is one of the biggest complaints that married couples and living partners have, as not getting the sleep you need can totally disrupt your life. It is also quite common – 40% of men and 25% of women snore. The problem usually appears or gets worse as people get older. It is indeed annoying, of course, but snoring can also have significant consequences for your health, daily life, and even your relationship.
Luckily, since this is such a common problem, there are plenty of potential solutions that can help reduce snoring and give you and your partner the relief you need. Here are some tips and ways to stop snoring, solutions that will help you if you implement them right now:
- First, rule out any medical problems, like sleep apnea, that might be causing the snoring. Most snoring is medically harmless, but in some instances it could be a sign of a more serious issues. Have the snorer see his or her doctor to determine overall health – they may need to get medications or other treatment to help clear up this more serious underlying problem.
- Get some help. There are plenty of info products out there that can help you stop snoring. For instance, this e-book will teach you how to stop snoring naturally.
- There are many causes for snoring, and with many causes comes different remedies. For instance, your body may be simply constructed in such a way as to maximize snoring – there’s little you can do about this except understand and compensate for it. Most of the time, however, snoring is caused by floppy tissue in the respiratory cavities that vibrates. You (or your partner) should keep track of your snoring habits to help narrow down the how to stop snoring remedies and methods that will work best for your situation. For instance, is your mouth closed or open? Do you snore only when you are on your back, or when you are in any position? Information like this can help you and your doctor figure out the best cures for you.
- Perhaps the best way to stop snoring – or at least reduce its effects for the non-snoring partner – is to have the snorer sleep in another room. Obviously, this is not an ideal solution for either the snorer or the relationship, but it can be a good fall-back idea until you can fix the problem.
- One of the best ways to stop snoring (for real, this time) is to treat it naturally. Sometimes, simply being overweight or unhealthy can make snoring worse or be the ultimate cause of it. Thus, if the snorer is overweight, he or she should try to lose weight through proper diet and exercise. This will help reduce weight and take pressure off the airway, circulatory system, and respiratory system; this helps the snorer by clearing his or her airways. It will also help them sleep more deeply and potentially treat underlying conditions like sleep apnea. These natural ways to stop snoring are preferred over many of the artificial products and methods out there because these ways treat the underlying issues that cause snoring. Using a special mouth guard, ring, or pillow may help reduce snoring, but it could also cause more serious health problems to go untreated.
- Sometimes sleep position matters – if you sleep on your back, you are more likely to snore. Thus, try sleeping on your side to reduce the chances of snoring.
- You can also try propping up your head to take pressure off your respiratory system.
- One easy home remedy is to use a humidifier to help keep the air moist – sometimes dry air can exacerbate snoring.
- Certain medications and drugs may increase your chances of snoring. For example, tranquilizers and alcohol will relax the muscles around your jaw, neck, and throat, potentially leading to snoring. You should not have to depend on these medications and drugs to make you fall asleep, so you may need to go to a sleep clinic and/or see your doctor to address these sleeping issues.
- Allergies may also be a problem – if your nose and airways are clogged, it could put pressure on your breathing, leading to snoring as air rushes through these restricted pathways. Get these allergies treated to help alleviate the snoring.
- There are certain devices out there that can help reduce your snoring by positioning your mouth in a particular way to help keep some tension throughout your jaw and neck. One of these devices is a mouthpiece or mouth guard that you wear while sleeping.
- If you smoke, stop. There are of course many reasons to stop this that are more serious than snoring, but smoking can contribute to breathing problems like snoring.
- Improve your sleeping habits. Go to bed and get up at the same time, and create a nighttime routine to help calm you down and get you ready for bed. Your goal is restful sleep, and you shouldn’t have to rely on sleep aids to do it. Don’t drink caffeine and alcohol or consume large meals before bed. Stay away from dairy products around this time too.
- You can also do certain throat exercises to help stop snoring. If you’d like a good primer for learning these exercises, check out this product. These exercises help you to strengthen your throat, mouth, and neck muscles, thus removing tension and lowering snoring. These exercises include saying all the vowels (a e i o u) for three minutes throughout the day, moving your tongue around, pursing your lips, and contracting the back of your throat. Do these exercises throughout the day for a total time of 30 minutes.
- In severe cases, surgery may be necessary to correct physical defects that may cause the snoring. These surgeries include Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), Thermal Ablation Palatoplasty (TAP), tonsillectomy, and adenoidectomy. There may also be other medical interventions that can help – again, that’s why it’s so important to see your doctor for more information.
- You could also try to support the jaw by using an anti-snoring chin strap.
- Dryness, as discussed above, can make snoring worse, so you can also try using a spray to lubricate the throat to help lower the vibrations throughout your nasal cavities.
Got any more ways? Leave them in the comments!
The major thing that most people fear isn’t death – it’s actually being alone. Being alone is perhaps a fate worst than death for most people. However, finding a life partner with whom we can spend our life is challenging. Many things get in the way: career, health, and time as external blocks, and our own insecurities, hangups, and issues internally. And when we do find someone who we can stand, often the relationship falls apart because that person has their own issues and problems that drag down the relationship. How then does someone find a life partner with whom they can build a life with? Here are some find life partner tips for anyone at any age and any gender. Use these fifteen ways to find a life partner and you’ll be on your way to a fuller and happier life:
- Work on yourself. Improve your looks however you can, whether by losing weight or dressing better. Take care of your external appearance. While your looks won’t clinch or crush your chances, you want to put your best foot forward.
- Work on your internal issues and worries. See a psychologists if necessary. Your problems will turn away positive people who don’t want to be dragged down by your baggage. Obviously, you won’t be able to wipe it all away, but you should at least make an effort to understand and manage your problems. When you meet a good girlfriend or boyfriend, she or he will be able to help you, too.
- Find out what you want in a relationship. Are you just interested in a fling? In dating? In finding love and getting married? If you are reading this article, you are likely looking for a life partner, so keep that in mind during your search so that you find someone with the same relationship goals. Nothing will damage the relationship’s chances right off the bat if you don’t see eye to eye about what you want in a relationship.
- Next, you need to meet people. You won’t likely magically meet your soul mate randomly. You’ll likely have to meet a lot of people in order to meet someone with whom you’re compatible. Staying inside all the time won’t get you to your goals, so trust in yourself, not ‘fate’ or some other external agency.
- The best way to meet people is through friends. Being set up and going on blind dates may not sound like fun, but it’s a good way to meet people that have been pre-selected for compatibility by people who know you.
- You can also try personals and classified ads in newspapers, though this strategy is far less viable as this method has largely dried up in the wake of online options.
- Indeed, give online dating a try. It does not have the stigma that it used to. Sites like Match.com and eHarmony have had great success in paring people together and eventually producing marriages and long lasting partnerships. The secret for these sites is that they match you based on a number of factors and questions that you answer when you join the site. This will help you pre-select the people you talk to, meet, and date.
- Dating agencies are also quite popular, though they may cost more than other options.
- When choosing a life partner, make sure you focus primarily on the values you share. If your values don’t gel, you will likely have trouble forming a long lasting relationship, as the friction that your differing values cause will eventually tear everything apart. You don’t need to see eye to eye on absolutely everything, and nor do you have to share the exact same interests and hobbies, but you must at least agree on the major dealbreakers, for instance money, kids, religion, or anything else that you hold dear.
- Work on your communication skills. Be a good listener, and be adept at communicating and sharing your emotions and thoughts.
- Don’t misrepresent yourself. Share legitimate photos, be honest about yourself, and don’t try to be someone you’re not. You want to be yourself – but be your best self, of course.
- Be prepared to work, not only to find a partner but also to cultivate the relationship into something meaningful. You aren’t “meant to be” in some philosophical sense. Everything requires work and effort – especially our relationships!
- Keep an open mind! Though you need to have some standards and requirements, don’t be too rigid, or you could miss a great opportunity to meet someone and grow as a person at the same time.
- Cultivate positive qualities. Be honest, have a sense of humor, be spontaneous, and have fun.
- Whatever you believe, don’t get stuck on “THE ONE.” There are many people out there who you could spend your life with happily. Be content to find a great one and enjoy your life!
If you have any more ways to find a life partner, leave them in the comments!
If you need a wife, guaranteed you’ve probably tried to do everything you could to find one. It may seem like an uphill battle, considering that the dating world can be very brutal sometimes. Well, it’s time to get moving and work for the success you want! You can’t expect just to sit around and have something great happen to you by chance. Take it into your own hands and MAKE it happen. Instead of sitting around thinking, “I need a wife,” stop hoping and start working. Here are eleven ways to find love and meet the woman of your dreams:
- First, work on yourself. Sure, the old adage “be yourself” is important, but in the end it’s about being your BEST self. So start working out, eating right, taking care of your appearance, and getting your financial and emotional lives in order. Obviously, this is a tall order, one that will take years of work. However, the key is to get started, so that when you do meet a woman you can show your true self to her and not be afraid of any aspect of your life ruining your chances.
- Once you have worked on your appearance, you need to rethink your approach to women. Are you the ‘nice guy’ that every woman should want? Well, get over it. Who cares that you’re a nice guy – be nice, but not a ‘nice guy,’ as that comes with many negative connotations: suck up, doormat, etc. Learn to be your own man first, your own individual, and then seek out a woman. Don’t make the woman ‘complete you’ in some absolute sense, as this can scare her away. If you are doing online dating, this may mean a different kind of approach, but an approach nonetheless.
- Next, you need to go to places where women hang out. Your place of work is probably not a great idea, as there can be complications, but bookstores, movies, museums, clubs, etc. are all great places to meet women.
- Go out with friends. Safety in numbers, indeed! Don’t think that you’ll meet your dream girl by sitting in your home in front of your TV or computer. This makes no sense. You’ll only meet someone if you go out in the real world!
- Leverage your hobby into meeting new people. For instance, if you love to ski, wouldn’t it make sense to meet a woman who also loves to ski? You already have something to talk about, as well as a potential first date.
- When talking with a woman, be confident! Your looks don’t matter as much as the way you present yourself. Tell jokes, smile, and don’t be overly aggressive. Feel free to tease her a bit, as girls like when you display that kind of dominance.
- Try online dating. This is a very popular avenue for singles to meet these days, as the negative stigma against internet dating has largely worn off. Construct a solid, welcoming, honest profile (with HONEST pictures) and see how that works out. Put yourself out there in any way you can! I suggest this site for your online dating needs – it’s free!
- When you get dates, don’t come off as desperate in any way. You will really want the relationship to work out, yes, but if you show any kind of neediness, you’ll scare her off for sure. You need to get beyond what David DeAngelo calls a ‘scarcity mentality’ and instead realize that there are truly many fish in the sea.
- See if your friends or family can set you up with someone, even if it is a blind date. This is a great way to meet women because both of you have received ‘social proof’ from friends, so you can be sure that you’re not meeting a weirdo or psycho (most of the time, at least).
- Once the relationship gets serious, you need to have a talk to see if you are truly compatible. Do you agree on the major aspects of life, such as money, kids, religion etc.? If not, these issues better be negotiable. Otherwise, there will be real problematic friction down the line.
- Avoid any kind of mail order bride service. These rarely turn out well for both parties, and usually the man gets screwed over in some fashion.
Make sure before you commit to your lady friend that you’re sure that you two are compatible and will go the distance. Years later, it would be unfortunate if you cried out, “I need a new wife!” So get started today – check out FindMeLove.com, the hottest online dating site on the web – and it’s free to join!
If work, children, money, and other stressors are damaging your once lovely relationship, take heart: all is not lost.With enough information, patience, and effort, even the most damaged relationship can be saved from oblivion. Want to know how to save a marriage? Here are some tips:
- Admit that there is a problem and that you want to fix it. You and your partner need to be able to say, “I want to save my marriage,” and mean it. Without commitment from both sides, any expended effort will be wasted.
- Take care of yourself first. This may seem a paradoxical way to save your marriage, but it’s actually vitally important for the well-being of the marriage. If you are overweight, sick, depressed, or stressed, you need to improve your own situation. In part, you will do this as a couple, but this also requires some alone time to sort out your own issues. You may need to seek professional help – counseling, medical doctors, personal trainers, etc. – to help you along.
- One of the most important ways to save a marriage is to spend more time together. Many couples drift apart as work, family, and personal obligations get in the way. You need to schedule in time for each other like you schedule your other tasks. If this partnership is to be saved, both sides must raise the priority of together time to the “A” level.
- Another one of the best ways to save your marriage is to improve communication. Once you are spending more time together, you’ll need to not only DO things, but also TALK about things. Whether it’s about your dreams, fears, or conflicts, communication is critical for healthy relationships. Improve marriage communication and sharing, and the rest will take care of itself.
- Spend romantic time with each other. Go on a date, to dinner, to the movies, or some other locale. It doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy to be effective. Whatever the choice, rekindling some of that magic is one of the most effective ways to save marriage partnerships. If you have kids, consider hiring a babysitter once every two weeks or so to provide you with some free time to pursue your most significant interest: each other.
- Do the little things. Not every change has to be a grand gesture. Little gifts, compliments, and the like can remind your partner that you love and think about them. Sometimes relationships can get too comf0rtable, and partners treat each other with the assumption that they will never leave. While this can be true, it will only lead to suffering for both parties. Act like you did when you were dating, and try to win your spouse’s heart back with both actions and words.
- Money can be a huge stress to a relationship. Make sure to communicate and plan expenditures, savings, investments, and other financial issues. Being clear on the expectations of your financial relationship can often clear up other ‘issues’ between you that seemed to be so pressing.
- For more information, check out this e-course: The Marriage Savior.