Have you ever thought to yourself, “how do I get skinny legs?” You might have even searched for that very search string to get to this page. Legs that seem a bit too, well, ‘bulky’ can be a hassle when you are wearing jeans are shorts, and it’s always fun to show off your legs when you’re wearing a skirt. If you want to know how to get skinny legs, wonder no more – here are twelve ways to get skinny legs fast, perhaps faster than you ever imagined possible. It will take some work and effort, but you can begin to see results in no time as long as you are consistent with your plan.
- First, it should be admitted that you can’t spot burn fat from particular areas. So if you do leg exercises, you won’t burn away flab or flub from your legs and your legs alone. Instead, you need to lose weight in general in order to bring your body fat percentage low enough that your legs will begin to get leaner. You’ll want your body fat to be around 18% before you see the results you want. So, put together a plan to lose weight if you need to. We won’t discuss that here, as there is a ton of lose weight advice on this site (check the category ‘Health & Fitness’ in the sidebar for more info). Instead, we’ll focus on how to get skinny legs specifically.
- Even though you can’t spot burn fat, you can do exercises that will help tone your legs. You won’t add muscle bulk, so don’t worry about that – instead, you’ll let your muscles look sleeker and leaner, and they’ll acquire a better shape, perhaps giving them the illusion of skinniness even if you lose no fat from the region. Some possible exercises include…
- Walking, running, swimming, walking or running stairs, sprints up hills, skating – nearly any cardio exercise can help you strengthen and tone your leg muscles! Especially try to do these exercises up inclines, as you’ll put more stress on your legs and thus get better results for your workout.
- Sports and calisthenics can also help you lose weight and tone muscles.
- Add strength training exercises to your workout. This will further help strengthen your legs. Make sure to target all the muscles – the glues, calves, quads, and hamstrings. This will make sure you strengthen the entire leg, and you’ll enjoy great physique benefits in the meantime.
- No matter what exercises you do, make sure you continually upgrade the challenge you provide. Keep track of how long you walk, or how many steps you climb, or the distance you travel, or the speed of your sprints. The more you challenge your leg muscles, the quicker you’ll get skinny legs.
- Make sure to properly warm up and stretch your legs. Injuring your legs from overexertion is no way to improve your physique.
- Pilates, Yoga, and other core training can help tone your legs too.
- The second piece of the puzzle to get skinny legs is diet and nutrition. If you need to lose weight overall, you’re probably already doing what you need to do to lose weight, but here are some general tips that may help:
- Make sure you eat plenty of protein. Protein is the building block for muscles, so if you want to get toned legs and thighs, eat enough protein to supply them. In addition, protein can help you manage your appetite, aiding you in your weight management goals.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, your skin clear, and your muscles firm. Dehydration can negatively affect you in many ways, so always drink even before you are thirsty.
- Finally, keep at it. The secret to how to get skinny legs and thighs is to set your goal, work towards it, meet intermediate progress benchmarks, and then see the goal through to the end. Don’t give up if it doesn’t work right away – with enough patience and consistency, it will!
If you have any more ideas, leave them in the comments!